- Only stock that has been booked in advance can be sold on sale day. All stock presented for sale remain the responsibility of the seller until the sale has been completed. Stock must be accompanied by the seller or their nominated representative when they go into the ring or the stock will be passed to the end of the sale or may not be sold. Sale transactions are conducted by Dingwall & Highland Marts Ltd and sellers are expected to adhere to their conditions of sale.
- The 2017 sale order can be viewed by clicking the link below. Please note that the auction mart committee reserve the right to change the sale order for operational reasons without prior notice.
District Sale Order for 2017
- From the 1st of January 2015, if you are moving animals from the historic flock (born or tagged prior to 1st January 2010) to a mart/ Scottish abattoir the advice from industry is to remove the old tags and replace them with a new EID pair. More guidance outlining the three options producers have is available here:
Historic Flock Tagging Guidance
- All lambs born after January 2010 require to carry an electronic tag (EID) in addition to the traditional tag. Any lambs presented for sale must be EID tagged. Lambs without electronic tags CANNOT be sold.
- It can take six weeks or more for electronic tags to be delivered after ordering. Lewis Crofters LTD can provide you with more information on the ordering process. Telephone (01851) 702350 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information about the current tagging requirements can be found on the ScotEID Sheep Traceability website: www.scoteid.com
- In addition to normal movement documents/passports, from 1st January 2010 it is a legal requirement for slaughterhouse operators to have food chain information (FCI). To comply with these requirements a signed declaration should accompany all stock to market, which includes the required food chain information.
- New style movement document books were issued to producers by SGRIP in May 2011. The back of the movement document page now contains an FCI declaration form. This must be completed and submitted with the movement document when taking animals to market.
© 2009-2017 Lewis and Harris Auction Mart (2005) LTD - A Trading Subsidiary of the Long Island Rural Trust
Lewis and Harris Auction Mart - Steinish, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis - Tel: 01851 706974